MACON-PIATT REGIONAL OFFICE OF EDUCATION #39
EdTech Office Hours
Based on the success of this week -- over 1,000 educators, administrators, and support staff participated -- we are hosting EdTech Office Hours again. From March 30 to April 3, we will hold 15 hours of online conversations on a variety of topics ranging from remote learning in the content areas, special education, and technology coordinator resources. No registration is necessary.
Online Learning Resources
The LTC created a searchable database of online learning resources. Our plan is to focus on Illinois-specific and distance learning best practices and strategies.
Free Zoom Accounts for ROEs and ISCs
21 ROEs and ISCs are utilizing free Zoom licenses. Please contact Christ Wherley at email@example.com if you are interested in learning more.
Consulting with Districts
We have also continued to work closely with districts, admins, IT staff, and teachers on a variety of topics related to remote learning: best practices in creating distance learning lessons, privacy concerns, resources identification, home access issues, learning management systems, tools and apps, etc. Districts can contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us directly at https://ltcillinois.org/about/team/
LTC staff have created the following resources:
- Educator Planning Checklist (Worksheet)
- Best Practices to Transition to Online Learning Today (SlideDeck)
- Resources for Parents During Extended Closures (Handout)
- School Closure Planning Guide (Document)
- Get Started with Zoom and Google Classroom (Video)
- Curate Videos in Google Slides (Video)
- How to Separate Your Google Accounts with Chrome Profiles (Video)
- Google Slides as a Remote Learning Journal (Video)
Blogs & Podcasts