MACON-PIATT REGIONAL OFFICE OF EDUCATION #39
GED and Constitution Information
- GED Testing is done at Richland Community College Testing Center.
- To take the GED, students must go through the MyGED portal to register, schedule, and pay for the test. https://app.ged.com/login
- The cost to take the GED test is $30 per test module. A total of 4 test modules comprise the GED test. **Due to Covid, there is currently a $20 discount available per GED module. Candidates must enter the code ILSAVE20 at check-out. **
- GED Prep Classes are available at Richland Community College. More information regarding these classes is available on the RCC Adult Ed Facebook site or on their website at https://www.richland.edu/newstudents/adulted/ or by calling 217-875-7211 Ext 6355.
- In order to earn an Illinois High School Equivalency Certificate, students must take and pass the Constitution test. If a student took the test while still in high school, they must provide an official transcript from that school. If they did not, the test can be taken at Richland Community College.
- The Constitution Test is free. Students should call the Testing Center at RCC at 217-875-7211 Ext 6238. Students must make an appointment to take it, or may take the test while taking a GED exam.
- Free practice questions and study guides are available online. Google US/IL Constitution or visit the Illinois Community College Board website at:
- Scroll down to Constitution Test Preparation and click on the study guide links for either English or Spanish.
Students may also take a Hi-Set Test to obtain an Illinois High School Equivalency Certificate. This test is available online and on paper. Please visit https://www.iccb.org/adult_ed/illinois-high-school-equivalency/students-test-takers/ for more information.