MACON-PIATT REGIONAL OFFICE OF EDUCATION #39
License Renewal Instructions For Retired Teachers:
(YOU MUST USE FIREFOX OR GOOGLE CHROME ON A LAPTOP OR DESKTOP - HANDHELD DEVICES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH ISBE'S WEBSITE)
- Contact Dee Williams if you cannot remember your login credentials for your ELIS account.
- If you have forgotten your password only YOU can retrieve it through ELIS using the "Retrieve password link"
- If your email address associated with your ELIS account is no longer being used and you are unable to login to ELIS you must call ISBE at 217-557-6763 and have your email address updated by them.
Log into your ELIS account by clicking HERE
Click on the pencil in the far right hand corner to Update Your PD/Employment Status.
- If you retire this year, select Retired for the last two semesters.
- If you are already retired, select the appropriate status for each of the 10 semesters, and select Finish. Substitute teaching doesn't count as active teaching.
Enter professional development hours IF you have taught within the last five years.
YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUBMITTING PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT FOR THE YEARS YOU WERE ACTIVELY TEACHING!
If you have retired and gone back to work as a certified teacher you are required to submit Professional Development hours again.
In the Action Center box, select Renewals and follow the prompts to renew.
- Due to your Retired status, you will not be charged a renewal fee.
- One of the prompts will ask if you have completed the required professional development. Answer Yes even if you didn't have any.
Select the My Credential tab and print the Credential page for proof that you have renewed.
You will not receive a certificate in the mail. The page you print is your license.